submissions for our Traveler of the Year Contest are in, and the top ten
semi-finalists have been selected. We think there is some fierce competition,
and we are excited to see the two finalists you will select to compete for the
Traveler of the Year title!
semi-finalists (in alphabetical order) are:
- Captain & Clark: Captain Chris Staudinger and Tawny Clark met at the base of Mt.
Kilimanjaro in 2008 and have since been traveling the world together in pursuit
of taking on different “extreme” adventures, including everything from extreme
hiking to extreme cooking.
- Cyle O’Donnel: Fascinated by his father’s stories of traveling as a photographer in the
military, Cyle traveled during every semester break in college to learn how to
compose, capture and develop his photography.
- Giovanni Silva: Giovanni is an independent film director, photographer, editor and
world traveler who has journeyed to 37 different countries around the globe.
- Keaton Davis: A prize-winning videographer, Keaton uses his 10 years of travel
experience in Europe, Central and South America and Australia as leverage.
- Kristen Van Nest: When not working as a global branding specialist, Kristen is a world
traveler who has been to over 30 European cities.
- Lauren Rains: Lauren is the co-founder of Outdoor
Minded Magazine and founder of The
Mad to Live blog, which highlights
stories from the road based on her adventures in travel and entrepreneurship.
- Mannie Boitz: Mannie is a program assistant who hails from King Cove, Alaska, a
community of 700. Now a resident of Wasilla, she loves to climb and is excited
to travel the world.
- Robert Guiterrez: Founders of the His and Her
Travel blog, Robert and his wife document their time teaching and traveling
across the world.
- Ryan McDevitt: Ryan is a world traveler who has visited close to 40 countries,
documenting each experience in his online gallery of photographs from around
- Todd Van Duzer: Todd is a marketing major in the Honors
College at Arizona State University who has traveled to 25 countries studying
identity, branding, social interaction, body language and stress-free
12, two of the above semi-finalists will board Emirates Airline – one to China and the other to India
– to show you how to experience destinations worldwide, even when on a budget.
We hope that you will follow the contestants on their 30-day journey, but if
the competition has you wanting to take a trip of your own, we understand, and
we are here to help!
We have deals
on Emirates flights that will take you to 120 cities in 70 countries on over
2,500 weekly flights. If you want to experience the world’s most fascinating
destinations like Dubai, London and Kuala Lumpur, then Emirates is the airline for you
– operating ten of the world’s longest non-stop flight routes, such as Los Angeles to Dubai.
To help make
this travel possible, be sure to vote for your favorite travelers by September 21 – a voter who picks the winning traveler will be
selected at random to win $500 worth
of travel with CheapOair, which means you could be next up to board a flight
around the world!