The video submissions for our Traveler of the Year Contest are in, and the top ten semi-finalists have been selected. We think there is some fierce competition, and we are excited to see the two finalists you will select to compete for the
Traveler of the Year title!
Our semi-finalists (in alphabetical order) are:
- Captain & Clark: Captain Chris Staudinger and Tawny Clark met at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro in 2008 and have since been traveling the world together in pursuit of taking on different “extreme” adventures, including everything from extreme hiking to extreme cooking.
- Cyle O’Donnel: Fascinated by his father’s stories of traveling as a photographer in the military, Cyle traveled during every semester break in college to learn how to compose, capture and develop his photography.
- Giovanni Silva: Giovanni is an independent film director, photographer, editor and world traveler who has journeyed to 37 different countries around the globe.
- Keaton Davis: A prize-winning videographer, Keaton uses his 10 years of travel experience in Europe, Central and South America and Australia as leverage.
- Kristen Van Nest: When not working as a global branding specialist, Kristen is a world traveler who has been to over 30 European cities.
- Lauren Rains: Lauren is the co-founder of Outdoor Minded Magazine and founder of The Mad to Live blog, which highlights stories from the road based on her adventures in travel and entrepreneurship.
- Mannie Boitz: Mannie is a program assistant who hails from King Cove, Alaska, a community of 700. Now a resident of Wasilla, she loves to climb and is excited to travel the world.
- Robert Guiterrez: Founders of the His and Her Travel blog, Robert and his wife document their time teaching and traveling across the world.
- Ryan McDevitt: Ryan is a world traveler who has visited close to 40 countries, documenting each experience in his online gallery of photographs from around the world.
- Todd Van Duzer: Todd is a marketing major in the Honors College at Arizona State University who has traveled to 25 countries studying identity, branding, social interaction, body language and stress-free productivity.
On October 12, two of the above semi-finalists will board Emirates Airline – one to China and the other to India – to show you how to experience destinations worldwide, even when on a budget.
We hope that you will follow the contestants on their 30-day journey, but if the competition has you wanting to take a trip of your own, we understand, and we are here to help!
We have deals on Emirates flights that will take you to 120 cities in 70 countries on over 2,500 weekly flights. If you want to experience the world’s most fascinating destinations like Dubai, London and Kuala Lumpur, then Emirates is the airline for you – operating ten of the world’s longest non-stop flight routes, such as Los Angeles to Dubai.
To help make this travel possible, be sure to vote for your favorite travelers by September 21 – a voter who picks the winning traveler will be selected at random to win $500 worth of travel with CheapOair, which means you could be next up to board a flight around the world!