While traveling in;Toronto, I had the pleasure of going to a very fancy costume party with my colleagues. We had heard from a few folks that the location was not far from our hotel, definitely within walking distance, so we began the walk to the party.
I was, of course, wearing completely fabulous heels. It was absolutely necessary to my costume.
The walk turned out to be quite significant (about two miles of city streets), and my feet began to feel the ache. It has to do with that math equation you learned in high school: angle x distance pressure age = intense pain that makes you want to sit on the side of the road and die. I am not sure how those Sex in the City ladies do it, but my feet crave comfort.
By the time I arrived at the party, I could hardly hold myself upright on my poor, pathetic feet. I wanted to tour the crowd to try to show off my costume, mingle with fun guests, and flit about for the evening, but instead, I had a hard time getting out of my seat.
Only worse was the late night return trip home where I learned that taxi service pretty much halts after certain hours in the city (duly noted, Toronto!).
Recently, I had the pleasure of reviewing the Rollasole, an ingenious little shoe that would have saved my literally aching feet. Here is what I love about them:
- They are about one million times more comfortable than any pair of heels I've ever worn.
- They are adorable. My flirty leopard prints are anything but frumpy. I've actually worn them on their own, without a pair of heels I'm escaping. There are styles for every woman; pick something plain and simple or bold and daring.
- The roll-up design makes them fit easily into mostly any bag. Even my tiny (and matching) clutch would fit these shoes, my lipstick, and my ID.
- The shoes roll up in an empty black bag, perfect for storing your discarded uncomfortable heels.
- Their motto, "Let the good times roll!" suits these shoes. Instead of missing out on the fun socializing of a fun evening, I could have saved my soles, stayed in style, and enjoyed the party so much more.