Dig in Ceviche Style!
Peruvian restaurant, Ceviche, may be fairly new to London's Soho dining scene but it's already making a splash with its offering of Latin dishes, the UK's only Pisco bar and, of course, it's namesake dish. And now the restaurant has announced a whole week dedicated to the famous South American marinated seafood dish.
London Ceviche Week 2012 will run from the 23rd to the 30th of June, coinciding with Peru's national ceviche day on June 28th and offering a range of events centered around the culinary art of slicing and marinating.
Ceviche Week is the first of its kind in the UK. Ceviche’s owner, Martin Morales, created the event to “celebrate the true spirit of Peru’s favourite dish” across the whole of London. The week-long celebration will see masterclasses and demos, appearances at Taste of London and Shoreditch House, new Ceviche menus, music and more. Diners can learn how to make and taste Peru’s favourite dish. A highlight event is the first ever paiche tasting – Peruvian Black Cod.
So, what’s in store that week? Here’s a quick look at some of them…
• June 23 and 24: Ceviche appear at Taste of London in the Peru pavilion with a ceviche demo andceviche available for all with Martin Morales and Head Chef Gregor Funcke
• June 25 to 27: Lunchtime masterclasses with Ceviche Head Chef Gregor Funcke
• June 27 at 7pm: Ceviche Workshop: How to Make the Best Ceviche in the World, at Shoreditch House
• June 28: Dia del Ceviche, free demonstration for all at Ceviche’s street entrance.
• June 29: Special Amazon Paiche Fish Ceviche Day at Ceviche in Soho. It’s the first time Londoners will be able to try ceviche made with Peru’s Black Cod (Paiche).
• June 30: London Ceviche Week 2012 closing event: Tiger's Milk Cocktail Party. Free Tiger’s Milk, music and fun.
Ceviche Soho opened in February 2012 and serves eight different ceviches on its menu – from classics such as Don Ceviche, the house seabass ceviche made with aji amarillo chilli tiger’s milk, aji limo chilli and red onions – to Sakaru Maru, a tiradito of thinly sliced salmon in Nikkei tiger’s milk made with satsumas, mirin, soy sauce and aji limo chilli. The restaurant is located at 17 Frith Street in the heart of Soho and is housed in a building built in 1735 and is surrounded by homes where acclaimed composer Mozart, the Romantic painter John Constable and several other great artists and pioneers once lived. To find out more about Ceviche and to book for London Ceviche Week visit www.cevicheuk.com.
Book your flight to London today so you don't miss Ceviche Week!
photo: Chris Osburn