Not able to getaway this holiday season? Apparently you’re not alone. The Air Transport Association of America predicts that air travel will be down by as much as 2.5 percent this season.
But less travelers doesn’t necessarily equal more empty seats.
That is because airlines have slashed a crazy amount of flights over the last year, which means even though you might be one of the lucky ones going on vacation this season, you will still be crammed into a plane like a soaring sardine.
The ATAA expects roughly 41 million passengers will fly during peak holiday season travel, which is at its busiest between December 27 and 29.
A few tips to ensure a stress free holiday trip to the airport:
* Try to pack light in order to avoid paying those annoying baggage fees.
* Due to strict airport security, do NOT wrap the gifts that you’ll be flying with.
* Arrive early with plenty of time to check-in.
* Check your flight status before heading to the airport.
* Sign up for email airline alerts.
Source: PR Newswire
Picture courtesy of Flickr member diongillard