A historic Portland hotel that has enjoyed renewed fame after being prominently featured in the uber-popular Twilight series was badly damaged in a fire earlier this week.
The fire at the View Point Inn was actually first reported by a pair of Twilight enthusiasts visiting the hotel as part of a tour based around the Twilight Saga.
The fire, which started on the rooftop before engulfing much of the structure, is being blamed on rouge sparks from the inn’s chimney.
There’s some more bad news for Twilight fans and residents of Portland alike. The owners aren’t sure their insurance will cover the damage and they don’t have the funds to repair the damage themselves.
Source: Daily Mail
Flickr: Portland Person