More Empty Plates at Good Enough to Eat
You can’t visit New York without having brunch! It’s part of the fabric of the city. To do it right, you need to get out of Midtown and head over to the Upper West Side, a neighborhood known for the meal that isn’t quite breakfast and isn’t quite lunch. There are many ways to pay a fortune for brunch in New York, but you can also find a few bargains. After you book your cheap tickets to New York, check out these brunch spots:
1. Bistro Cassis: the pain perdu (also known as French toast) is unbeatable. Also, the omelets are sure to delight. If you get there early, you’ll be one of the only people in the restaurant, but Bistro Cassis does start to fill up in the early afternoon.
2. Café Rhonda: you will not find better eggs benedict in the city. I used to hit this spot regularly when I lived in the neighborhood, and now that I’ve moved, I miss it terribly. When the weather warms up a bit, make sure you get a seat outside. The people-watching on Columbus Ave is unbeatable.
3. Good Enough to Eat: this is one of the most popular brunch spots on the Upper West Side, so you’ll need to get there early. Good Enough to Eat opens at 9 a.m. on the weekends, and you should probably get in line half an hour before that. The sausage, served looking like a meatball, is unique and tasty, and you’ll also want to try the bacon waffles.
4. Popover Café: you’ll enjoy the home-style cooking at this Upper West Side favorite. Get a basket of popovers, and ask for the strawberry preserve. The menu is long enough to ensure there’s something for everyone, so you’ll have no problem keeping everyone in the family happy.
5. Café Luxembourg: this spot can be a bit pricey, but the food is prepared perfectly. I’m a big fan of the hash browns – you can actually taste the butter in them! Have the steak and eggs with these perfect potatoes and you won’t be disappointed.
People in San Fran can get a taste of NYC brunch using today's travel deal! SF to NYC, r/t with fares starting out at $318, don't forget to use PROMO code SM17 for up to $17 off service fees!
Don't forget to 'Like' us on Facebook for exclusive travel deals!