Love lobster? Check it out. London-based Belgian restaurant group, Belgo, is bringing back Lobsterfest – an “annual celebration of all things lobstery.”
For this year's 'fest, Belgo is offering three awesome dishes: a lobster cocktail (£9.95, roughly $16), a whole lobster salad (£19.95, about $30) and Lobzilla! – a whole grilled lobster served with frites, aioli dip and salad (£19.95). Of course if lobster's not your thing the rest of Belgo's menu will still be available, including moules frites, burgers, prawns and more.
Whether you're Lobsterfesting or not, what would a visit to a Belgian restaurant be without enjoying your meal with a fine Belgian beer (even if – or maybe especially if – the restaurant's located in the UK)? Recommended to pair with your lobster dish is Blanche de Bruxelles (33cl, ABV 4.5%, £4.20 or roughly $6), a Belgian white beer made with wheat, coriander and bitter orange peel that's served ice cold. But if that doesn't float your boat and you're still craving something beer-y, no worries! From Trappist ales to fruit beers and notoriously potent brews such as Delirium Tremens – Belgo is famous for having one of the widest selections of beer in London.
And this year Belgo has added another great reason to cave in to your crustacean cravings by supporting the National Lobster Hatchery's Buy One Set One Free campaign. For every Lobsterfest dish that's sold, Belgo will donate £1 to help the hatchery raise and release a lobster back to the sea.
Lobsterfest runs from Thursday the 4th of July until the 31st of August at all five Belgo locations in London:
- Belgo Centraal: 50 Earlham Street, WC2H 9LJ (nearest London Underground station is at Covent Garden)
- Belgo Kingsway: 67 Kingsway, WC2B 6TD (nearest London Underground station is at Holborn)
- Belgo Noord: 72 Chalk Farm Road, NW1 8AN (nearest London Underground station is at Chalk Farm)
- Belgo Clapham: 44-48 Clapham High Road, SW4 7UR (nearest London Underground station is at Clapham North) and
- Belgo Bromley: Unit 242 at the Intu Bromley shopping centre, High Street, BR1 1DN (Bromley North Rail station is the nearest public transport).
Find out more at belgo-restaurants.co.uk/lobsterfest.
Ever been to Lobsterfest? Tell us all about it on our Facebook page!
Photo Credit: Chris Osburn