Xcaret, located just outside Cancun on the Riviera Maya, is a natural eco-archeological park full of beautiful, diverse natural wonders and cultural history and entertainment. At Xcaret, there is so much natural and cultural exploration to enjoy that you may want to spend days here discovering all that the park has to offer. Here are a few recommendations:
• Snorkel or swim in one of the many underground rivers that fill the large Yucatan peninsula cave system. Requires only the ability to swim, no previous experience necessary.
• Float down Paradise River to explore an underground river without getting wet!
• Relax on the beautiful white sand beach with your toes in the sand or up in a hammock enjoying the sea breeze.
• Enjoy a nature walk through the Tropical Jungle Trail through the eco park in search for more than 100 species of plants.
• Take a morning tour through the world’s largest butterfly facility (38,000 sq. ft.), the Xcaret Butterfly Pavilion, which boasts over 5,000 butterflies.
• Bird watch in the Xcaret Regional Wildlife Breeding Farm, where over 24 endangered species of bird are being sheltered, bred, and returned to their natural habitat.
• Explore the Coral Reef Aquarium featuring more than 5,000 living organisms, touch areas, and interactive exhibits.
• Visit during festivals for a close up look at Papantla Flyers, the Day of the Dead Festival, and mariachi.
• Walk through the archaeological sites of the Mayan culture featuring over 60 temples and 500 residences from thousands of years ago.
• Explore a silver mine and underground maze.
• View the Caribbean from the highest point of Xcaret Park –the St. Francis of Assisi Chapel, which is still in working operation today.
• Take a historic nature tour to learn about products made by Mayan communities including latex, hemp, and vanilla.
• Browse the artistry and displays at the House of Mexican Folk Art.
• Walk through a replicated ancient Mayan Village, including the Mexican Cemetery, which becomes particularly prominent during the yearly “Day of the Dead” festival.
With this many highlights, you can see that there is really something for everyone at Xcaret. Single day tickets start at $71/adult and multi-day tickets provide additional discounts.
Study savings with CheapOair and book cheap flights to Cancun!
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for exclusive travel deals!