Eat Up Some Orlando!
I often get asked where people should eat when visiting Orlando, well here is a list of some of the best restaurants in Orlando in no particular order and some key dishes that we love.
• The Ravenous Pig – Pub Burger(1855 angus beef, caramelized onion, buttermilk bleu cheese, truffle fries), Gruyere Biscuits
• Virgin Olive Market – Ultimate Grilled Cheese & Tomato Basil soup (Thursdays Only), they also have a different soup every day and lots of great baked goods, Quiche, Lasagne, Sandwiches
• 4 Rivers Winter Park – Order the Beef Brisket and make sure you ask them to leave the bark and fat on it, it makes it even more delicious add a side of Corn Salad & Krispy Kreme bread pudding
• Sushi Pop Oviedo – Far East Flatbread – a duck fat seared Chinese scallion pancake topped with blue cheese, caramelized onions, roasted Japanese mushrooms, Furikake seasoning. Hamachi(Yellowtail) with jalapeños
• Q’Kenan Venezuelan Restaurante – Cachapas (corn cakes) w/ handmade cheese
• Pom Pom’s Teahouse and Sandwicheria – Fu Man Chu Sandwich – Asian Pulled Pork, Watercress, Goat Cheese, Ginger Cranberry Chutney & Red Onions
• K Restaurant – K Tomato Stack – tomato, herbed goat cheese, 3 Boy’s Farm local greens, citrus dressing
• Luma Winter Park – Heirloom Tomato Salad – watermelon radishes, EVOO fried bread, anchovy vinaigrette, burrata
• Croissant Gourmet Winter Park – Almond Croissant, Hot Chocolate
• Brick & Fire Pizza – Bruschetta with balsamic vinegar. Goat Cheese pizza with Sauteed Spinach, Roma Tomatoes, Pine Nuts and Fresh Basil
• Rusty Spoon – The “55 Burger” – 1/2 lb of Grass-Fed Beef Stuffed with Bacon & Gruyere, Smothered with Onions, Rusty Aioli, House-made Pickles on a Soft Roll
• Anh Hong – Iced Coffee, Summer Rolls, Rice Vermicelli with grilled pork, shrimp, shrimp paste and spring roll
• Trattoria Toscana Winter Park – Oven Fired pizza or Tortelloni di Zucca – Stuffed pasta with pumpkin finished in a brown better sage sauce
• Med Blue – Gyro with Feta, Greek Cheese Fries, Housemade Baklava
• Tako Cheena – Empanada with Ginger Guava Salsa, Panko Fish Taco
Chris Roberts is a 25 year resident of Orlando, his website Eat Local Orlando is a food blog, focused on finding new restaurants in the Orlando area documenting and reviewing them. Also home to the Orlando Food Trucks guide.