Founded in the year 2006 as a member of the HNA Group, Hong Kong Airlines is a full-service airline firmly rooted in Hong Kong. The airline has its main hub at Hong Kong International Airport. Hong Kong Airlines offers flights to nearly 40 destinations across Asia Pacific, and North America, and maintains codeshare and interline agreements with 95 airline partners, offering customers more choice & convenience across the continents. Some of the destinations covered by the airlines include Denpasar, Mumbai, Shanghai, Taipei, Bangkok, Hanoi, and Maldives.
Hong Kong Airlines operates an all-airbus fleet with an average age of five years, making it one of the youngest and modern fleets in the world. The airlines has been awarded the four-star rating by Skytrax since 2011. Hong Kong Airlines has been recognized for its excellent on-time performance having been ranked by air travel intelligence company OAG as Asia’s most punctual airline, and the second globally in 2017.
The airline offers in-flight experience that is truly representative of its brand promise ‘Where Hong Kong Begins.’ Hong Kong Airlines offers two classes of service - Business Class, and Economy Class. The in-flight amenities offered by the airlines include
- Hong Kong Airlines seats are equipped with the latest high-definition television screens, offering a wide-variety of in-flight entertainment options, including movies, television, news, and music.
- The seats are fitted with power outlet & USB port for maximum convenience.
- Wi-Fi facility is also available for passengers onboard, offering first 15 minutes of free usage.
- The airline also offers birthday surprise services in the air, creating an unforgettable journey with the loved ones. The airline’s devoted cabin crew goes ‘Above & Beyond’ to provide passengers with a unique experience on-board.
- Business Class seats have a width of 23” and they can be fully reclined into a flat bed. The seats have smooth and soft bedding to ensure the highest quality of sleep in the air.
- Business Class passengers can enjoy the best of Western-Asian fusion cuisine, exclusively created by celebrity chef Gabriel Choy.
- Hong Kong Airlines offers premium quality meals in Economy Class. The airline endeavours to promote local culture via inflight catering service. Of all the delights, Hong Kong-styled Tofu dessert and traditional Chinese cookies that embodied the unique spirit of Hong Kong are the most famous among passengers.
- The airline’s inflight dining experience is further enhanced by ‘East-meets-West’ tableware, celebrating the city’s unique culture and heritage.
Hong Kong Airlines offers online check-in, allowing passengers to escape the long lines at the airport. Online check-in opens 36 hours prior to flight departure. Seat selection is available with this service. Please note that unaccompanied minors are not eligible for online check-in service.