Classes of Service
Sun Country Airlines is based in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota and has been in business for more than 30 years. The airline offers scheduled service to 40 popular destinations across the U.S., Mexico, Costa Rica, and the Caribbean (see the route map for a complete list of destinations). In addition to taking travelers to their favorite places, Sun Country also offers:
- Enviable nonstop and convenient one-stop flights: The majority of flights are nonstop with connecting service via Minneapolis/St. Paul to/from many other cities.
- Convenience of Terminal 2: For those traveling from, through, or to Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport, they can take advantage of the ease of using Terminal 2, which is less crowded and has short security lines.
- Fleet of environment-friendly aircraft: Sun Country’s fleet is comprised of current-generation aircraft, resulting in maximum fuel efficiency, decreased noise, and reduced environmental impact.
Sun Country offers two classes of service on all of its routes:
Comfortable Coach Class service: More spacious than many other airlines, Sun Country’s Coach Class seating lets travelers sit back, relax, and enjoy their flight along with complimentary coffee/tea, juices, soda, and water. Other beverages and snacks and/or meals are available for purchase. Onboard entertainment, including movies and TV shows, is also available via a Sun Country Digital Entertainment Device, available for rent in Coach Class.
Affordable First Class service: Exceptionally kind to a traveler’s pocket book, Sun Country’s First Class service lets passengers:
- Check their first two bags for free (bags also receive priority delivery to baggage claim)
- Experience faster check-in lines, shorter security lines, and priority boarding
- Enjoy personalized and exceptional onboard service
- Relax with spacious First Class seating and added leg room
- Savor freshly prepared hot meals or a filling snack
- Toast to a great trip with a selection of complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Relax with a movie, TV show, and more with complimentary use of a Sun Country Digital Entertainment Device
When flying on Sun Country, passengers can enjoy:
Outstanding food and beverage options: Whether enjoying complimentary food and beverages in First Class or purchasing items in Coach Class, Sun Country’s variety of food and beverages is exceptional with heart-healthy, gluten-free, and organic snacks (as well as salty and sweet favorites); hot and flavorful sandwiches; Minnesota-made craft beer; popular liquor choices; and delicious wines.
Newly released movies, TV shows, and games: Watch unlimited movies, TV shows, and family-friendly programs, or play a game, with the Sun Country Digital Entertainment Device entertainment system. (Available on select flights, while supplies last, and complimentary in First Class or available for rent in Coach Class.)
On the day of travel, all passengers must be checked in either at the airport ticket counter or online and be at the departure gate available for boarding at least 30 minutes (domestic flights) or 60 minutes (international flights) prior to scheduled departure. Failure to do so will subject the reservation(s) to cancellation.
Airport Check-In: Ticket counters are open for in-person check-in and baggage check two hours prior to departure at designated Sun Country locations. Passengers should arrive at the airport with proper identification and allow ample time for check-in requirements and security processing.
Online Check-In: Online check-in is available 24 hours - 1 hour before the scheduled departure time for travel within the U.S. 50. If traveling to Mexico, Costa Rica, or the Caribbean, check-in at the airport with a Sun Country agent. Travelers must also check-in at the airport with a Sun Country agent if assigned an exit row seat; traveling with infants or groups larger than nine people; or if an unaccompanied minor is traveling.
Get there on time, every time! Check your flight status here.