Formerly called TAM Airlines, LATAM Airlines Brasil is the Brazilian brand of LATAM Airlines Group. TAM merged with LAN Airline on June 22, 2012 to form LATAM Airlines Group - Latin America's largest airline holding company. Before the takeover, TAM was Brazil's and Latin America's largest airline. The airline has its operating bases at Sao Paulo, and Rio de Janiero. It has its hubs at Sao Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport, Rio de Janeiro-Galeao International Airport, and Brasília International Airport. Some of its focus cities include - Congonhas-Sao Paulo Airport, Santos Dumont Airport (Rio de Janeiro), Silvio Pettirossi International Airport (Asuncion), Deputado Luis Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport (Salvador), and Tancredo Neves International Airport. The airline has alliance with Oneworld, and its subsidiary include LATAM Paraguay. With a fleet of 173 aircraft, the airline operates flights to 68 destinations.Classes of Service
- Travel in LATAM Premium Business and enjoy latest generation seats that recline to become a flat bed. The Premium Business seats recline to a fully horizontal position, offering 23 inches wide and 73 inches long bed.
- Keep boredom away with state-of-the-art entertainment system. Each Premium Business seat features a high-resolution 15.4-inch screen and an audio/video system available at all times. It has a collection of 110 movies, including 12 new releases, 8 recent hits, 10 Latin movies, 10 children´s movies, and 70 classic movies from across the decades, plus 42 TV programs, a full season of 3 TV series, more than 1000 music albums, and 25 games.
- Treat your taste buds with a gourmet menu prepared by renowned chefs and wines selected by a sommelier who has won the most awards in South America.
- The Premium Economy features 12 leather seats. The centre seat in the Premium Economy can be converted into a desk to give you extra comfort. This cabin also offers fully reclining seats and increased space between seats for added comfort.
- This class offers universal outlet to charge computers, iPods, DVD players, and other devices.
- Apart from contemporary onboard entertainment system, featuring large screens and individual audio channels, a wide selection of magazines and newspapers are available in this class for passengers.
- The Economy Class features ergonomic, reclining seats with adjustable headrest, all designed for maximum comfort.
- Ergonomic seats with adjustable headrest are available on all Boeing 767 aircraft connecting South America to the United States, Mexico, Canada, Papeete, and Easter Island, as well as on Airbus 340 fleet flying to Europe.
- Economy Class offers its passengers individual entertainment system with music, videos, and games for all tastes.
Say goodbye to the long queue at the check-in counter, and avail the facility of web check-in. The web check-in is available between 72 hours up to 2 hours before flight’s scheduled departure.