Formerly named as Polynesian Airlines, Samoa Airways is the state-owned flag carrier airline of Samoa. Founded in 1959, the airline has its primary hub at Faleolo International Airport. Samoa Airways is owned by the government of Samoa and is based in the capital city of Apia. The airline boasts fleet of 4 aircrafts and, at present, offers short-haul flights within Samoa and American Samoa, and long-haul flights to New Zealand and Australia.Classes of Service
The airline offers two classes of cabins using a Boeing 737-800 for Samoa Airways flights operated between Australia, New Zealand and Samoa.Economy Class
- Free baggage allowance is 23 Kgs for checked baggage and 7 kgs for cabin baggage.
- Complimentary inflight entertainment is offered to the Economy Class passengers
- Passengers are served with complimentary tea, coffee, hot box, water, and juice
- Free baggage allowance is 2 baggage of 32 Kgs each for checked baggage and 7 kgs (plus small personal laptop size bag) for cabin baggage
- Priority check-in service is offered to Business Class passengers.
- Lounge access is available for Business Class passengers in Sydney and Auckland on departure
- Notebook with headphones is offered to passengers onboard
- Complimentary inflight entertainment is offered to the Business Class passengers
- Business Class passengers are offered with full food and beverage service