Virgin Blue Airlines (DJ), now known as Virgin Australia Airlines is the second largest airline of Australia. It started as a two airline fleet on a single route and suddenly became the largest fleet to be using the Virgin brand. It operates to 29 different cities within Australia from its hubs, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. The airlines maintains its affordable rates by adopting a no-frills approach where all amenities can be availed at a small additional cost. International destinations include Abu Dhabi, Auckland, Apia, Christmas Island, Denpasar, Honiara, Johannesburg, Willington, Port Vila and more. Virgin Australia has been the winner of five 2009 Service Excellence Awards of the Customer Service Institute of Australia.Classes of Service
Virgin Australia Airlines offers three distinct classes of service, Business Class, Premium Economy Class and Economy Class.
Business Class: Guests flying the business class on Virgin Australia can enjoy greater comfort and enhanced convenience in the spacious cabins. With improved leather seats and a premium food and beverage menu designed by Australian chef, Luke Mangan, all passengers are guaranteed a seamless travel experience.
Premium Economy: Travel the premium economy class on Virgin Australia where you can stretch out in the roomy leg space and reclinable back rests. The in-flight menu offers some mouthwatering dishes on all flights.
Economy: Economy class on Virgin Blue is value for money. All passengers, whether traveling for business or pleasure are entitled to complimentary snacks and drinks on the Flexi Fare. The more economic Saver fare offers the same amenities at a slightly increased fare.
- All short as well as long haul flights offer wireless in-flight wi-fi service. Flyers can connect to the internet via mobile phones, tablets or laptops and take advantage of the high speed internet connection.
- All seats are fitted with dedicated in-flight entertainment units that provide hours of music, movies, series and even games.
- Business class guests receive in-flight tablets on request, that are pre loaded with entertainment options.
- Read and explore the in-flight magazine of Virgin Australia, Voyeur and enter a world of travel, culture, latest gadgetry, inspiring thoughts, passionate endeavors and much more.
- All passengers have dedicated USB ports and power plugs to charge their electronic gadgets, be it mobile phones or tablets.
Virgin Australia allows web check-in for all passengers flying to domestic destinations. Avoid the long queues and check-in hassles by logging onto the official website and checking yourself in 48 hours up to 40 minutes before scheduled departure of flight. When you reach the airport, just drop your luggage at the baggage drop off counter and proceed to security.