Malindo Air is a Malaysian airline headquartered in Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. The airline began its operation on 22 March 2013. The name Malindo has been derived from the names Malaysia and Indonesia, signifying cooperative pact between the two nations. The airline has its hub at Kuala Lumpur International Airport and secondary hub at Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport. Malindo Air owns a fleet of 47 aircraft including Boeing 737-900ER, 737-800 and ATR72-600. Covering an extensive network of around 40 routes, the airline operates scheduled passenger services to destinations within Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, and Australia.Amenities
Malindo Air offers several in-flight amenities for its passengers.
- The airline offers recliner leather seats with seat pitch of 32" for Economy Class and 42" for Business Class.
- WiFi and roaming services are available on board to provide seamless connectivity.
- Passengers can make voice calls and can send SMS or MMS on flights equipped with systems.
- Wide variety of in-flight entertainment is available for passengers including movies, games and in-flight magazine - MalindoMag.
- The airline provides free checked baggage allowance which varies as per the route, class of travel, and weight.
The airline provides web check-in facility for selected cities.