Headquartered on the grounds of V.C. Bird International Airport in Antigua, Leeward Islands Air Transport or Liat operates inter-island scheduled services to 17 destinations throughout the Caribbean, from Tortola in the North to Ogle, Guyana in the South. Some of the destinations served by the airline include St. Lucia, Anguilla, Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Guadeloupe, and Guyana to name a few. Liat’s main base is at V.C. Bird International Airport, Antigua and Barbuda, and other bases at Grantley Adams International Airport, Barbados, and Piarco International Airport, Trinidad and Tobago. The airline has a fleet size of 9 contemporary, narrow body aircraft. These include five ATR 42-600s and four ATR 72-600s. These aircraft feature an all economy cabin, with seating in a two x two configurations. Passengers can board the ATR fleet from the rear of the aircraft.
The efficient staff of Liat offers exemplary services to keep passengers comfortable throughout the journey.
- For all the flights over 45 minutes of duration, there’s trolley service between 5 AM and 10:30 AM. During these morning hours, passengers are served hot tea and coffee. After 10:30 AM, travelers can delight in a selection of drinks, like coke, sprite, or ginger ale. Tea and coffee are served on request.
- To keep passengers engaged and entertained, an in-flight magazine called ZiNG Caribbean is available on all the flights. The magazine is free, and passengers can take it along with them at the end of their journey.
- The extremely comfortable seats make your travel comfortable and stress free.
- Due to the cargo hold capacity limitations of the aircraft, passengers are allowed only one piece of hand luggage with a maximum weight of 15 lbs (7 kilograms). The free checked luggage allowance for passengers is one piece with a maximum weight of 50 lbs (23 kilograms).
- Additional small personal items, like handbag, briefcase or laptop with case can be carried free of charge. Items like infant's food for in-flight consumption, small camera, pair of binoculars, child's pushchair, infant carrying baskets, and carrycots can also be carried free of charge.