First Air (7F) is a Canadian airline, headquartered in Kanata, Ontario that is in operation since 1946. Originally started as an eight seat passenger plane, the airline serves approximately 225,000 passengers on an annual basis. It connects 34 north Canadian communities in the regions of Nunavik, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories. To a number of other destinations outside Canada, First Air offers charter and cargo services. Some of the popular destinations include Vancouver, Edmonton, Fort Simpson, Montreal, Arctic Bay and Whale Cove. Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport is the main base of First Air which includes a cargo and maintenance facility along with a large hangar. Other important hubs are at Iqaluit Airport and Yellowknife Airport. The airline is known for its active involvement in the 2010 Haiti earthquake and other such humanitarian missions that demand providing relief and airlifting. First Air has a reputation of flying in the harshest of climates while maintaining first class service to passengers.In-Flight Amenities
- To maximize your travel experience, First Air offers a multitude of amenities on-board.
- While flying with First Air, you can be assured of a generous baggage allowance. Each passenger is allowed two bags of 70 lb each.
- Every First Air jet flights serves a selection of complimentary wines and hot meals during meal hours.
- Passengers allergic to certain ingredients in food items are notified about content of the meal through special announcements.
- Turbo prop flights offer light meals as part of the complimentary service.
- Passengers can request for hot towels and blankets, without any additional cost.
- If you like reading, the collection will in-flight magazines will definitely please you.
- Passengers traveling with children (ages 2- 11), elders (aged 55 +) and seniors (aged 65+) can avail a discount of 10% on every flight.
- Fully collapsible strollers and car seats can be checked in free of cost.
- The on-board crew is congenial, courteous and proficient in more languages than one. Converse in a language you are fluent in and enjoy great services.
Online Check-in facility is offered by First Air, without an additional cost. You can now avoid long queues at the airport check-in by pre booking your seats online.