SunExpress (XQ), also known as Güne? Ekspress Havac?l?k A.S., is a Turkish airline that operates scheduled as well as charter flights to cities across Asia, Europe and North Africa. This joint venture between Lufthansa Group and Turkish Airlines, is the largest employer in Antalya, Turkey, the main base of SunExpress Airlines. Its other important hub is Adnan Menderes Airport, in the Gaziemir area of ?zmir. Its fleet of nearly 62 aircrafts operates nearly a thousand flights per week to about 52 destinations, which includes the cities of Hatay in Turkey, Tirana in Albania, Bremen in Germany, Casablanca in Morocco and many more domestic and international destinations.In-flight Amenities
- SunExpress carries a range of on-board snacks and beverages to satiate the dietary needs of all its passengers. Be it hot or cold drinks, alcoholic or non alcoholic, delectable snacks or full meals, the airline takes care of it.
- You can also pre-book something from the SunLight Bistro Deluxe Menu by logging in at www.sunexpress.com least 72 hours prior to your flight or simply opt to do so while booking your flight. You can also make a pre order by sending an e-mail.
- Passengers with certain allergies can order for a specific food type, either after boarding the flight or ensure prior arrangements by order 72 hours before the flight. Special snacks are available at a cost of € 5.
- Sun Shop is the duty free on-board shop that offers everything from cosmetics, perfumes, accessories, alcoholic beverages, tobacco types and a variety of other products. Shop from Sun shop to save some neat money on great products. Pay using cash or credit card and have your item delivered to you at your seat.
- Although the use of all electronic devices is strictly prohibited during take off and landing, some of them can be used while in air, (within and up until 15 minutes of take off and landing respectively). Laptops, mobile phones and MP3 players among other devices can be used upon advice of flight attendants.
Checking in at the airport can be a long and sometimes troublesome process, but with the web check-in facility of SunExpress, all this can be made easier. Passengers flying the domestic flights of SunExpress, can check in as early as 24 hours before the scheduled departure and obtain their boarding pass even before arriving at the airport.