A subsidiary of Southwest Airlines, Airtran Airways (FL) is a low cost carrier operating in the US, Caribbean and Mexico. With its headquarters in Dallas, Texas, Airtran has consistently ranked as the number one low cost airline in the Airline Quality Rating study since the past three years. About 700 daily departures, both scheduled and chartered are concentrated in the midwestern and eastern portions of the country, of which nearly 200 happen from its primary hub at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, Georgia. Some of the top domestic destinations include Atlanta, Washington D.C., Orlando and Milwaukee while international cities include Nassau, Bahamas, Mexico City, Montego Bay, Jamaica and San Juan, Puerto Rico.In-Flight Amenities
- AirTran Airways is equipped with Gogo Inflight Internet that serves the passengers' internet needs even when they are in the air.
- The on-board galley offers a variety of fruit juices, coffee and snacks to all its passengers even during non meal hours.
- Airtran's in-flight magazine, Spirit offers to its readers lot of interesting articles on attractive travel destinations, popular cultures, technical news, business trends and more.
- On AirTran Airways, you can make advance seat reservations for passengers with a disability. You can indicate your preference of seat while making booking the ticket.
- Minors traveling alone receive special attention right from their arrival the check-in counter till they are received at the arrival by an adult with a gate pass and authorizing documents.
- Economy class passengers can obtain alcoholic beverages, including all Anheuser-Busch products, at a small additional fee of $5. Payment can be made via cash or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
Airtran offers its customers a unique opportunity of checking in and pre booking their seat from wherever they are. Online check-in is possible from laptops and other mobile devices from 24 hours to 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.